3 ways AI will improve healthcare in 2019
[The Next Web, 12/22/18] In a recent piece, I explained why AI’s complexity shouldn’t be a deterrent for its adoption. In fact, I went as far as stating that artificial intelligence will be just as disruptive as the internet was. This is a view I am doubling down on.
As far as artificial intelligence is concerned, one industry most likely to be most disrupted is the healthcare industry. Why will AI have such an impact on the healthcare industry? Facts like the ones below are why:
- Hospital error — which can be significantly addressed and prevented by AI — is the third leading cause of patient death
- Depending on what source you pay attention to, up to 440,000 Americans die annually from preventable medical errors
- According to data from the National Safety Council, 2016 was the deadliest year on American roads in a decade — with 40,000 deaths. This means preventable hospital deaths due to hospital error are 11 times the number of road accidents in the United States
- 86 percent of mistakes in the healthcare industry are purely administrative and preventable
- Effective application of AI is projected to result in annual savings of $150 billion in the US healthcare industry
- The AI health market is projected to grow more than 10 times within the next five years
When we look at both the physical and economic implications, the healthcare industry is one industry that is very much in need of an artificial intelligence disruption. That said, there are certain key healthcare AI trends to pay attention to in 2019:………..
Read the Full Article at: The Next Web
Read more of the web’s hottest women’s health news @ SHEis.com
We would LOVE to hear what your think about this article in the “Leave a Reply” section below. Let’s get the conversion going….