Checklist for health: Tips for women of all ages
[Baylor College of Medicine Blog, 5/16/19] Women in different age groups are disproportionately impacted by a number of health issues, including metabolic disorders, cardiac disease, gender-specific cancers, mood disorders and osteoporosis.
Though there are age-specific healthcare recommendations, women of all ages should have an annual preventive healthcare visit, or a well-woman exam. It’s an opportunity to be assessed by your women’s health specialist for the following:
- General well being
- Screening for depression or stress
- Blood pressure, heart rate and basal metabolic index
- Exposures to toxins like nicotine, alcohol and other drugs
- Counseling for sexual health and contraception
- Screening for abuse or neglect
- Counseling on healthy lifestyle choices, including exercise, diet and sleep
- Skincare and cancer prevention
- Risk assessment for heart disease, diabetes and gender-specific cancers
- Use of complementary or alternative medicine
Wondering what an age-specific well-woman exam should entail? See the following guidelines…….
Read the Full Article at: Baylor College of Medicine Blog
Read more of the web’s most interesting and current women’s health news @ SHEis.com
I would LOVE to hear what you think about this article in the “Leave a Reply” section below. Let’s get the conversion going….
Jaelin Stickels, CNM, WHNP
Owner, SHEis & Holistic Heritage, Spring, TX